That means if I was to give birth "on time" (which won't happen), I'll be doing so 13 weeks from now. That just doesn't seem possible...I have a ridiculous amount of things to still do before Monkey's arrival and besides, I sense no impending doom or delivery, so...it's easy to ignore (save the fact that I can't reach anything or get off of our couch by myself because my belly's so big and also that I have to cross my legs and pray not to pee every time I cough or sneeze). But he's coming, I tell myself. I know this in my mind.
Frankly, I need to get my butt in gear. I'm exhausted, sick, have a nursing toddler, work full time, and have a house and husband to deal with. This just doesn't leave any time in my schedule for baby-preparation things so I'm left to dream and mentally list what needs to be done instead of actually do it. Too bad my thoughts can't osmotically make their way into my house and accomplish what needs to be done for me. ;-)
I also spend time thinking about the things I want to do someday when I'm able to. These things are more fun and I get a bit more excited thinking about them, so without further ado, here are my want and need "To Do" lists:
Things I want to do
- Start a Play blog featuring information, ideas, toy reviews, and giveaways written by ME--the Recreation Therapist. :-) Just think of all of the awesome, wholesome toys and educational products I could get my hands on for my own kiddos and to pass on to other people since my house wouldn't be big enough to keep everything. :-)
- Create and enter recipes into magazine contests every month.
- Make a baby scrapbook for LoveBug and Monkey.
- Landscape my house--bah, it looks so...ugly.
- Play piano every day
- Record a lullabye CD for my children
- Organize my house (next 10 weeks)
- Clean my house (next 10 weeks)
- Finish getting needed items for Baby Monkey (next 12 weeks)
- Find summer clothes for LoveBug (next 6 weeks, then yard sales after that)
- Stop gaining weight so fast (immediately). I'm going to be a balloon and have a ton to loose after giving birth if I keep going at the rate I am.
- Make and freeze more food (next 8 weeks)
Would someone hold back that clock, please, and then just fast-forward my life when I'm ready for it?