Wednesday, January 5, 2011

32 Weeks

At my 32-week appointment, I discussed with Deb the fact that I needed to go off work. I was having contractions constantly, was out of breath all the time, and would black out if I stood up, bent down, etc.. Not good. She agreed without hesitation and I didn't go to work the next day.

Thank God.

My last day working (Monday), my boss called me in and told me that I was the only employee to ever talk to HR about problems (which I know for a fact is untrue). I had recently just sent an honest "is it legal for me to have to take sick or vacation time for a Dr.'s appointment as a salaried employee" email to our HR guy. The reason? I was singled out and asked to do that when no one else was. Just a questions. Seriously.

Anyway, the whole conversation with my boss was really overwhelming to me. He brought up the whole issue surrounding the symposium last year that I presented at (the one that my boss' boss told me that I didn't need to bring my baby to the three day event because nursing was "neither important or necessarry." Oh YES she did.), and made it clear that they were still holding it against me. WOW. Especially when they were legally and ethically wrong with that incident.

Well, as soon as I was taken off of work, my contractions stopped. I thought it might be coincidental until I saw my boss while I was driving about a week later. As soon as I realized it was him, I began having big contractions again. I'm thinking I was stressed out a bit at that job.

The shortness of breath and blacking out continued until a few weeks later when we realized my iron was at a dangerously low level. Once I began an iron supplement that got a WHOLE lot better, too.

After all of that drama, I spent my days finally preparing for my son to arrive and finally got to experience being a stay-at-home mom. Sick, ridiculously pregnant or not, I got to raise my daughter. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...