Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

We're having a baby!

This is you. You're six weeks old today, making me eight weeks pregnant. Daddy and I were so excited when we got to see you yesterday. You're still itsy-bitsy and they only did an abdominal ultrasound, so it's not like we got to see a whole lot...but you are there and you have a heart beat! 133 bpm, to be exact. :-)
Every thing's looking good, and I'm looking forward to the rest of our time together with you in my belly. Our midwife, Deb, paid us a very high compliment yesterday. She told me that she thinks Daddy and I would do just fine with an unassisted birth! We won't do that, but I felt that was a really nice thing to tell me since it means she thought we handled Lovebug's birth very well. She also told me that she'd work with us to do a home birth. Home birth. I have a very romanticised view of home births and I desperately want one. I've even looked into birthing tubs and medical equipment for such an event. Your Dad, on the other hand, is adamantly against the idea even if Deb was there. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens, but I'm half praying that it's something we get to do.
Oh just to think of your sweet baby smell, soft baby skin, and big eyes...I must be in love.
Expected Due Date: June 30, 2010!

2 comments:

  1. YEA for homebirths. I'm having one too. Get your husband the book Emergency Childbirth and MAKE him read that thing. Then he'll feel all better. You might even have a UC. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a homebirth with Deb in attendance. I didn't even realize she did that.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...